Chianti Countryside Wine Tasting
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR FULLDAY TOURS:
- - 5% Senior Discount on any fullday tour or Shore excursion.
- - 100 Euros Discount for any 2 Fullday Tours. (50 Euro off on each tour)
- - 225 Euros Discount for any 3 Fullday Tours. (75 Euros off on each tour)
- - The Discounts above refer to all fullday tours or Shore excursions.
- Senor Discounts are not applicable to already discounted rates.
- Rates and Discounts are subject to change without notice.
TOUR N. 13 - CHIANTI COUNTRYSIDE WINE TASTING
One of our English speaking drivers will be waiting for you at your ship's gangway at about 8 AM to begin our trip towards the beautiful countryside of the Chianti region. Driving towards Florence between vineyards and olive trees, we'll reach San Gimignano.
Once in San Gimignano, other than admiring the famous towers, you can also see the "Duomo" or Collegiate Church, the "Palazzo del Popolo", the "Palazzo Nuovo del Podestà" (which is now the town hall), S. Agostino Church, the Museum of Holy Relics, and the infamous Museum of Torture, which displays early instruments of torture and reminds everyone that cruelty and violence existed even way back then. On a lighter note, there are numerous shops which sell local products including the "Vernaccia" wine.
Our driver will stop at a nice trattoria where you can enjoy the excellent wines and a traditional Italian local meal, pizza or salad. During the transfer San Gimignano-Siena we can stop in Monteriggioni for a visit, without a doubt one of the most classical and best known Italian walled town. The town was built by the Senesis in the years 1213-1219 on a hillock overlooking the Cassia Road. Its ideal position allowed controlling the Elsa and the Staggia Valleys in direction of Florence, the historic enemy of Siena. Here you'll have the chance to taste a true Tuscany meal at the Castle of Monteriggioni.
After we've enjoyed this wonderful meal and wines we will have a nice sightseeing ride returning to the ship in the late afternoon.
Wine Tasting Expenses:
Verrazzano Winery: Guided visit of the Castle (in English) + Wine tasting = 18.00 € per person
Rocca delle Macie Winery: Wine tasting free
* On Saturdays and Sundays we will take you to visit the Fattoria di Montagliari instead of the Castello di Verrazzano
- Duration of this tour: 9 hours.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The vehicle and driver will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour
- Your driver will be happy to modify your tour in any way to meet your complete satisfaction.
Payments are only with Euro currency or with Euro Traveller's cheques directly to your driver.
Tips are not included in our rates but if you were serviced well and are happy with your driver a 10% minimum tip is customary.Our rates DO NOT INCLUDE: Wine tasting fees, meals and entrance fees where required, unless mentioned in our confirmation.
COME TOUR WITH AND LET US .................................."MAKE YOUR DAY!"
BOB'S LIMOUSINES IN ROME