Florence Major Highlights
- B O B ' S L I M O S - A M E R I C A N O W N E D & O P E R A T E D
GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH !
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR FULLDAY TOURS:
- - 5% Senior Discount on any fullday tour.
- - 100 Euros Discount for any 2 Fullday Tours. (50 Euro off on each tour)
- - 225 Euros Discount for any 3 Fullday Tours. (75 Euros off on each tour)
- - The Discounts above refer to all fullday tours only.
- Senor Discounts are not applicable to already discounted rates.
- Rates and Discounts are subject to change without notice.
TOUR N. 10 - FLORENCE MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS
Our English speaking driver will meet you at the gangway of your ship with the air-conditioned vehicle requested to begin the drive to Florence.
Florence is located on both banks of the Arno river and surrounded by the Appenine hills. Among the most famous, Florence is the home of Dante, Machiavelli , Michelangelo and the Medici Family.
We will stop for a beautiful view of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo from where you will admire the tile roofs, steeples and domes.
We will then begin our descent into the central downtown area of Florence to visit the Accademy (the "David" and other masterpieces), the Duomo, the Baptistry and Giotto's bell tower. We will proceed either on foot or with our vehicle (we'll be in the downtown walking area) to visit the other important monuments and the shopping areas.
We will then proceed through some of Florence's most elegant streets to the city's largest square which is Piazza della Signoria. This was once the center of Florentine life. View the Uffizi Gallery building in the form of a horseshoe extending from Piazza della Signoria to the Arno river.
For those who love art and painting we can also visit the Uffizi building that homes paintings of Cimabue , Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci, etc. in 44 rooms full of works of art and of course we shall go to Ponte Vecchio the fashionable silversmith old bridge.
We will also pay a visit to the church of S. Croce (this is where you can visit the tombs of Michaelangelo, Galileo, Giotto, etc.) or if you prefer you can end the day doing some shopping for a good buy, maybe on a nice pair of shoes or leather coat.
- Duration of this tour: 9 hours
- Comfortable walking shoes and a sun hats are recommended.
- We recommend you book the Accademy and/or Uffizi Gallery (one or the other) tickets starting at 2 pm time slot by calling their office directly to avoid waiting in long lines. you can call the city office directly (they speak English) at 011 39 055 294.883 to book both the Accademia or the Uffizi gallery. Booking one of the Art Gallery tours is not mandatory.
- The Accademia and Uffizi gallery are closed on Mondays.
- Entrance fee to the Accademy is 6,50 € (euro)+ reservation fees.
- Entrance fee to the Uffizi Gallery is 10 € (euro)+ reservation fees.
- Your driver will find a nice trattoria where you can enjoy a typical Italian local meal, pizza or salad.
- SHARE A TOUR: You can share this cruise excursions with friends and cruisers you've met on board and SAVE a great deal! Why take a Ship Coach tour when you can ride in the comfort of your own private Luxury van for up to 8 cruisers and your own personal English speaking driving guide that will drive you to the Major Highlights with very little walking? Very simple to do, be the first to place an ad on the Cruise Critic roll call and have others join you. Lot's of fun, split the costs and SAVE! Click here to set up your own ad on Cruise Critic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
- For cruisers that have shared this tour please be sure that you have booked the same Art Gallery (Accademia or Uffizi) for the same time slot starting at 2 pm.
- Take advantage of our special discount rates for booking multiple tours, you can see our discounted rates above and shared tours are also eligible!
Payments are only in cash with Euro currency or Euro Traveller's cheques directly to our driver.
Our rates DO NOT INCLUDE: private guides, entrance fees or meals unless mentioned in our confirmation.
Tips are not included in our rates but if you were serviced well and are happy with your driver a 10% minimum tip is customary.
Our driver will go at your pace and will allow all the time you need to visit with NO RUSHING as in group tours. By Italian law he is unable to conduct guiding inside museums, monuments, etc.
BOB'S LIMOUSINES IN ROME
Guide available for this tour
English speaking tour guide available for 4 hours or more.
Price for this guide: € 240